Vitamin B6 is water-soluble, which means the body cannot store it. Usually, vitamin B6 is excreted from the body within eight hours of ingestion. It is important that it is a standard part of the diet in order to avoid a deficiency.
OUR BLENDWHAT DOES IT DO?
Our vitamin B6 complex utilises the pyridoxal-5-phosphate (P5P) form of vitamin B6. We have blended this biologically active form of B6 with magnesium, zinc, vitamin B1 and B2 which are co-factors in the proper utilisation of B6.
WHAT IS P5P (PYRIDOXAL-5-PHOSPHATE)?
Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate, or P5P as it is commonly known, is the active form of vitamin B6. In foods or most supplements, vitamin B6 is found in one of three forms: pyridoxine hydrochloride, pyridoxal, or pyridoxamine. Inside the body, these forms of B6 have to be converted by the liver to the active form the body needs - P5P. Low rates of conversion from the inactive to the active form of vitamin B6 have reported, especially in people with impaired liver function, celiac's disease, older adults, and in children with autism. By consuming vitamin B6 in the active P5P form, conversion is no longer necessary, and the full benefits are available immediately after absorption.
WHAT MAKES OUR VITAMIN B6 COMPLEX SUPPLEMENT DIFFERENT?
Our Vitamin B6 Complex supplement comes in the form of a vegetable cellulose capsule. This enables us to offer a health supplement that contains nothing but pure vitamin B6 Complex, there's no need for anything extra to bind the capsule together. A vegetable cellulose capsule is designed specifically to break down naturally within the acid of your stomach, which ensures that the nutrients absorb into your body during digestion.
- Vitamin B6, B1, B2 and magnesium contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Vitamin B6, B2 and magnesium contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Vitamin B6, B1, B2 and magnesium contribute to normal functioning of the nervous system
- Vitamin B6, B1 and magnesium contribute to normal psychological function
- Vitamin B6 and B2 contribute to the maintenance of normal red blood cells
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal cysteine synthesis
- Vitamin B6 contributes to normal protein and glycogen metabolism
1 capsule provides:
Magnesium citrate 500mg
Capsule shell: vegetable cellulose 120mg
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal-5-phosphate) 50mg
Vitamin B1 (thiamine HCl) 25mg
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) 25mg
Zinc (citrate) 25mg
Each capsule provides 75mg of elemental magnesium
CONTAINS NO: gluten, wheat, lactose, added sugar, artificial preservatives or colourings
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans